Choose your colour:
Translate this site:


What Am I Entitled To?

To be able to get the support mentioned, you must have been looked after by Camden for more than 13 weeks since your 14th birthday and ending after your 16th birthday. If you were accommodated after your 16th birthday you will qualify for a leaving care service if you were looked after for 13 weeks after your 16th birthday. Leaving care services begin once you are 18 up to the age of 25.


By law, the leaving care service must:

Make sure you have a personal advisor to you to provide you with advice and support.

You will have an allocated personal advisor once you are 18 although your social worker is likely to carry on working with you for a short time to ensure you have the support you need while the case is being transferred. We aim to ensure you have the same personal advisor throughout your journey to independence who will stay in touch with you to make sure you are getting the support you need.


Assess your support needs and put a pathway plan in place to show how we will support you.

Your personal advisor will carry out an assessment of your support needs and work with you to put together a pathway plan to plan for your future. This plan is reviewed every 6 months when you and your personal advisor will review the progress you have made towards living independently and whether any changes need to be made to the plan.


Make sure you are involved in all planning and decision making for your future.

Your personal advisor will work with you to get the most out of pathway planning by making sure you have a chance to get involved so that your views and wishes are taken into account and your plan is right for you and reflects what you want to do in life.


Support you to pursue education, training and employment opportunities.

Camden will provide support and advice, including financial support, to follow your plans for education, training and work. This includes a £3000 bursary, which is inclusive of the £2000 government bursary, if you go to University.


Help you access an independent advocate if you feel you need one. 

Camden will put you in touch with advocates at Coram Voice, an independent charity whose trained advocates can advise you on your rights, support you if you want to make a complaint, and help you get your voice heard in meetings.


Support you to remain with your foster carer after 18.

Camden’s Staying put scheme encourages you to carry on living with your foster carer up to the age of 21 if this is what the you and your foster carer wants.

Nav box photo Nav box newsletter Icn nav comp Icn nav video