Health and Wellbeing
Camden aims to make sure you can look after your health and follow a healthy lifestyle so you can enjoy good health throughout your life. At 18, the LAC nurse will:
- Give you a discharge summary or “health passport” with your medical history and any outstanding health issues.
- Give you any relevant information about your family’s health history if this may affect your long-term health.
- Offer you advice on your health and signpost you to where you can get help for health issues such as contraception, sexual health, mental health or substance misuse.
- Make any necessary transfers to adult health services.
Other health support available:
- The FWD drug and alcohol team that provides a substance misuse service for young people up to 25. Tel: 020 7974 4701
- Minding the Gap mental health transition service that helps young people aged 18-24 who have mental health difficulties and are moving on from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services to adult mental health services or need additional support to engage with professional help.
- Camden’s Icope provides a confidential on-line therapy service for adults to help them cope with problems such as stress, worry, depression and insomnia.
- The Brandon Centre offers young people advice on sexual health, contraception and emergency contraception as well as counselling.
Tel: 020 7267 4792
- Brook Euston offers advice on sexual health, contraception and pregnancy.
Tel: 020 7387 8700
- Sexual health advice, including access to free condoms and testing can also be found at venues and pharmacies across Camden. For details see:
- The Hive (Catch 22) provides a health and wellbeing service for 16-24 year olds in Camden offering help around sexual health, substance misuse and mental health and wellbeing.
Tel 020 3198 0521