Choose your colour:
Translate this site:

Financial Support 

At 18 as a care leaver, you should be financially independent either by working, claiming benefits or through student grants and loans as Camden will no longer be responsible for providing financial support for rent and living costs. However, Camden will:

  • Make sure you have been issued with your National Insurance number.
  • Make sure you have a bank account and can access the money that has been saved for you whilst you have been in care.
  • Pay the following birthday allowances:

18th birthday £75
19th birthday £75
20th birthday £75
21st birthday £100


Other support available:

  • A specialist benefits advisor from the Department of Work and Pensions will be available on a weekly basis at Vadnie Bish House to give benefits advice if you need it.
Nav box photo Nav box newsletter Icn nav comp Icn nav video