Camden Summer University is back
Young people can choose from more than 70 free courses in arts, sport and life skills, hosted by some of London’s biggest names, as Camden Summer University returns. Course bookings go live on Thursday 15 June.
You can enrol if you're aged 13 to 19 (up to 25 with learning difficulties or disabilities) and either live in Camden, go to a local state school or attend a Council-run youth centre.
Camden Summer University, which runs from 24 July to 25 August, means you can have fun, learn something new, make new friends and gain accreditations to put on your CV for work, an apprenticeship or university. There are more than 70 courses on offer, including:
- film-making, animation and TV studio production
- painting and pottery
- photography, journalism and fashion
- drama, dance and music
- baking, trampolining and football
- motorcycle mechanics and off-road riding.
Hanifa Mohammed, 17, a former Camden Summer University student and now a ‘peer motivator’ supporting other young people on the programme, said: "It's one of the best ways to spend your summer. You have a great time, meet new people, make lasting friends and gain qualifications that can take you further in the things you love.”
Find out more:
- Visit the website to view or book courses now (booking from 15 June), or
- Call 020 7619 3903
- Popular courses fill up fast so don't miss out
- Camden Summer University is brought to you by the Council's youth service in partnership with local venues and organisations.