1. The colour around the pupil is called the iris, and can vary in colour.
- There is a part of the eye that lets you focus on different things; this part is called the lens. If you close one eye and put your finger 4 inches away from the eye which is open you can see how your eye automatically focuses on the finger, blurring everything behind it.
- The pupil which is the black part in the middle of the iris, changes size depending on the amount of light.
- People with blue eyes tend to have higher alcohol tolerance.
- We spend around 10% of our awake hours eyes closed. Due to blinking.
- Goldfish don’t have eyelids, so can never close their eyes.