5 Reasons why parents should get vaccinated against the flu:
1. There’s now a safe and effective nasal spray vaccine to protect children aged two years and older against flu.
2. The vaccine is easy to give and painless and has been used safely in other countries for a number of years.
3. Flu can be a nasty illness that can lead to a stay in hospital, especially for children with other medical conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
4. If your child gets flu they won’t be able to go to school/nursery for several days and will need to be cared for at home. You may have to take time off to look after them.
5. Protecting your child can stop the flu spreading to other children he/she may come into contact with, and to the rest of the family, in particular to grandparents, who may be at particular risk from flu.
Please find further information from the NHS Choices links below: