What to do if you get the flu
Most people who get the flu get better without seeing the doctor. You can try these tips from kids health:
- Drink lots of fluids. Juice, water, and soup are great ways to get fluids in.
- Get lots of sleep and take it easy. This is a great time to catch up on your movie and TV watching.
- Take ibuprofen to help with fever and aches. Also, cold or cough medicines may relieve some flu symptoms.
- Wear layers. You might be cold one minute and hot the next. Wearing several layers makes it easy to add or remove clothes as needed.
- Wash your hands frequently. This is to stop spreading the flu to everyone else. Also, avoid sharing cups and eating utensils with other people.
But if you don't get better after a few days and the symptoms have not gone away, contact your doctor.